Just like everything else, the vaping world is witnessing constant evolution. Everything keeps on changing be it the devices, like Disposable vape pod, or the e-juices and flavours. People from the earliest vaping community can confirm that the first e-juices used to be 80% propylene glycol and 20% vegetable glycerin. These vapes used to be very high strength. With time, most companies now use 70% vegetable glycerin and reduced nicotine. In recent times, there has been a rising trend of nicotine salts. What are they? How are they different from regular e-liquids? What are the benefits of nicotine sale e-juice in comparison with normal e-liquids? This blog will answer all the questions you might have about nicotine salts. Let’s help you figure out whether nicotine salts are right for you or not.
1- Freebase Nicotine VS Nicotine Salt
Freebase nicotine is actually the purest form of nicotine which can have a lasting effect on your body. Cigarettes nowadays come with an adjusted formula in which ammonia-based additives are used to increase the quantity of freebase nicotine. This makes cigarette smoke a lot more addictive due to the increased amount of freebase nicotine. In this situation, nicotine salts are a much better option. It is a more stabilized form of nicotine molecule and it is combined with an acid. Salts do not act as freebase nicotine but they can act as one upon inhalation due to the chemical reactions.
2- Nicotine Salts For Vaping
This became possible in Pax Labs on the release of Juul. The main purpose was to make vaping more satisfying for those who tried it before but were never satisfied enough. It uses nicotine salts which turned out to be extremely helpful for those wanting to switch from cigarettes to vape. By adding benzoic acid to the mixture, nicotine salts in e-juice are converted to freebase nicotine while vaping. Nicotine has been proved to flow through blood much faster than regular e-juice. There is a significant difference between nicotine salt e-juice used in Juul as compared to others. Juul offers 59 mg/ml for the standard 5% nicotine strength. It is all about the pH of the mix instead of the nicotine that makes Juul more satisfying.
3- Pros Of Nicotine Salt
Here are some advantages that nicotine salts e-juices have over regular e-liquids:
- More pleasurable: Due to the higher nicotine levels in nicotine salts e-juice, the experience is much more satisfying and pleasurable. This essentially helps the heavy smokers who are trying to quit cigarettes.
- Functional with regular devices: When you are using e-juices with lower levels of nicotine, you need a mod and a sub-ohm tank but this is not the case for nicotine salt e-juices. You can use an affordable device and get the best vaping experience.
- The throat hit: As compared to regular e-juices, nicotine salts tend to have a gentle throat hit even if the level of nicotine is similar. If you use a nicotine salt e-juice of much higher strength, the throat hit will be smoother than that of a lower strength freebase e-juice.
- Liquid consumption: Nicotine salt also reduces your consumption. You wouldn’t feel the need to vape as often which means you will use a much lesser quantity of juice.
4- Cons Of Nicotine Salt
Along with the advantages, there are certain disadvantages of nicotine salts as well.
- Lack of availability: Nicotine salts are getting more common with time but still not easily available. Regular e-liquid in the UK is easily available but there is not a wide range of flavours that one can choose from as compared to traditional e-juice.
- Useless for pro vapers: If you have been vaping for a while and are not as dependent on nicotine as a person trying to switch would be, nicotine salts are useless for you. It means you already have your nicotine consumption in control so not much of a benefit for you with nicotine salts.
- The throat hit: As discussed above, a more gentle throat hit is surely beneficial but some people like a stronger throat hit. If you enjoy the harshness then smooth throat hits of nicotine salts are surely not for you.